BY JULIA PETENGILL
The opposition party Georgia Dream has won a convincing victory in Georgia's parliamentary elections.
BY JULIA PETTENGILL
What will it take for the Obama administration to realise that their treasured "Reset" is the foreign policy equivalent of Monty's Python's dead parrot? The insults and harassment heaped upon Michel McFaul, the American Ambassador to Russia, apparently aren't enough.
Standpoint now has a Facebook page. "Like" it here to have the magazine's characteristic mix of hardnosed opinions and brilliant writing delivered to your News Feed. It's a great place to spark debate and access additional content. Twitter users can find us at @StandpointMag.
Following the publication last week of Standpoint's cover article by Iain Martin, entitled "Will Michael Gove Go All the Way to No 10?", both Fleet Street and the blogosphere seem to be taking the question seriously.
Standpoint readers may be interested in the 25th annual World Traders' Tacitus Lecture, delivered by Terry Smith, Chief Executive of Tullett Prebon and regular Newsnight contributor. The talk, titled "Is 'Occupy' Right?" offers a nuanced view of the Occupy movement from an ardent free-marketeer:
Standpoint's editor, Daniel Johnson, has written today's Daily Feature on Jewish Ideas Daily. It concerns the rich cultural contribution the city of Vienna, and its Jewish inhabitants in particular, has made to Western civilisation:
- Chronicling The Crash: A Standpoint Ebook
- Grounds for Hope
- Is Islam a Peaceful Religion? Daniel Johnson at the Oxford Union
- Standpoint's Autumn Salons
- Win Tickets to the Inaugural Standpoint Salon
- Is Hunter's History Bunk?
- Lawson Collects on Climate Change Bet
- The Cabinet meeting that kept Salman Rushdie alive
- Russia's Win-Win Election
- The Kremlin Plays Old Tricks With Pussy Riot
- A Pyrrhic Victory for Georgian Democracy
- Abandoned in Moscow
- Standpoint's New Facebook Page
- No need to pander to the Bear, Mr Obama
- Standpoint Recommends: The Tacitus Lecture 2012
- Goodbye, Vienna
- Friends Indeed — Daniel Johnson on Gertrude Himmelfarb
- New Culture Forum Lecture: Jeremy Hunt
- Kangaroo Courts Arrive Down Under
- The BBC's painful novelties
- Money can't buy you love - Nichi Hodgson
- World Youth Day Diary: Day Four
- World Youth Day Diary: Day Three
- World Youth Day Diary: Day Two
- World Youth Day Diary: Day One
- Breivik and Anti-Muslim Bigotry